A Purely Healthcare Company
After working as an occupational therapist in the private and public health sectors of BC, Neha noticed her clients often had difficulty navigating our complex healthcare system and felt that each professional they spoke with worked in a silo, not communicating with others. She founded Purely OT with the goal of providing Occupational Therapy services with a focus on you, the client, and ensuring you have all the tools you need for your recovery.
Neha strives to ensure that her team helps their clients in all areas of their recovery, including exploring options for treatment, collaborating with the different members of your healthcare team, and working with you to create a cohesive recovery plan for your illness or injury.
Using a client-centered model of care, we ensure you are able to understand exactly what you need to do to achieve your goals and participate in your day-to-day activities. Whether it is managing chronic illness, or an acute injury, at the end of our sessions, you will have the tools you need to manage your health.
Born and raised in Toronto, Neha graduated from the University of Toronto with an honours bachelor of science in Biology and Psychology, with a special research interest in Molecular biology. She then went on to complete her Master of Occupational Therapy at Queen’s university.
Shortly after graduation, Neha decided to move to British Columbia, and immediately fell in love with all that BC has to offer. The mountains, the ocean and the vibrancy of the people in BC have kept her here ever since.
Over the years, Neha has continued to learn and grow her private Occupational Therapy practice by closely following new and up-and-coming research, and collaborating with other treatment providers, including physicians, physiotherapists, and specialists. She always ensures she is following best practices when providing treatment to her clients. Neha’s primary areas of interest and expertise include traumatic brain injury, chronic pain, and helping seniors age in place.
Neha has also worked at multiple sites throughout the Fraser Health system, including Royal Columbian Hospital, Surrey Memorial Hospital, Queens Park Care Centre, Eagle Ridge Hospital, and Ridge Meadows Hospital, working in various areas ranging from acute care to inpatient stroke and brain injury rehabilitation.
She also has extensive experience working with clients who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents (MVA's) or workplace accidents with a range of concerns, including physical injury, cognitive concerns, and psychosocial symptoms. Working within multiple systems has provided Neha with the expertise to work with individuals in all life stages.
Outside of work, you will often find Neha spending time with her adorable dog, exploring new trails or trying to improve her skiing skills.
- Metriks Functional Capacity Evaluation Certification
- PGAP certified
- FIM and Alpha FIM trained
- Action Over Inertia
- ASIST training
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certifications
- Choices and Changes: motivating healthy behaviours workshop
- Completed certifications for concussion intervention with Shannon McGuire
- Introductory CBT training
- Wheelchair seating prescription training
- Shoulder rehabilitation training
- Completed an 8 week certification course for Brain Injury Management with CAOT
- Visual processing impairment course with Mary Warren
Chloe completed her Master of Occupational Therapy at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario, a place she has been lucky to call her home for two decades. Prior to graduating from the OT program, Chloe studied Kinesiology and Psychology at McMaster University where her passion for helping others and learning about the unique experiences of human beings began to develop. Chloe moved to the west coast in 2018 to explore the nature that British Columbia has to offer, and eventually grew to love the mountains and ocean, now calling the Lower Mainland her home.
Chloe joined Purely OT in 2023 and has extensive experience in community-based occupational therapy, including discharge planning, functional home assessments, return-to-work planning, ergonomics, and rehabilitation for clients with motor vehicle accident injuries, complex and persistent pain, brain injuries, and mental health disorders. Chloe has primarily worked with clients funded by ICBC, WorkSafeBC and disability insurers, and is also developing experience within the public health sector with Fraser Health’s Mental Health and Substance Use Services.
In her free time, Chloe enjoys hiking, kayaking, spending time reading and cuddling with her cats, and trying out local restaurants.
- Intervention Strategies for Adults with ADHD
- Functional Capacity Evaluation Workshop
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: Practical applications in OT Practice
- Complex Pain and the Role of Occupational Therapy by CAOT
- Concussion Management Workshop with Shannon McGuire
- Chronic Pain Management Workshop presented by Pain BC
- Completed webinars on job demands analyses, work rehabilitation, ergonomics, long-COVID syndrome
Ariana completed her Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy at the University of Western Ontario in 2016, and has successfully passed both the Canadian and United States licensing exams.
She has extensive experience as a community OT and has provided direct care to brain injury clients including those listed as catastrophic, spinal cord injuries, bone fractures, depression and anxiety disorders, and chronic pain. She actively liaises with a client’s treatment team to develop individualized care plans focused on stabilizing physical, cognitive, and/or mental health symptoms. Her goal is to make a positive difference in the clients she helps by using evidence-based practice and expert consensus.
Ariana has worked with ICBC, WorkSafeBC, and privately funded clients. She has also worked within the public health care system in a mental health unit aimed at helping individuals find employment. She has participated in multiple workshops & seminars throughout the years aimed at increasing knowledge of evidence-based practices for occupational therapists.
While not working, Ariana enjoys spending time with her dog & family, going to the lake, and camping.
- Traumatic Brain Injury Master Class – Advanced Level
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Intervention
- Cognition and Cancer training
- Concussion & Pain: Exploring Treatment Options
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Training with CAOT
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP)
- Motivational Interviewing Workshop
- Occupational-Based Cognitive Rehab for Adults with Brain Injury
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Training with CAOT
Christie completed a bachelor’s degree in Health Promotion where her passion for helping others came to fruition. She went on to complete her Master of Occupational Therapy at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 2017.
Christie moved to Vancouver BC shortly after graduating and fell in love with the mountain views and outdoor activities so much that she now calls it home.
Christie has extensive experience working as a community -based OT providing services in; Return-to-Work (RTW) planning, ergonomic interventions, pain management, physical and cognitive rehabilitation, hospital discharge planning, homecare assessment and modifications, and prescription of ADL equipment that spans across numerous settings and client populations. She has worked with clients who experience chronic pain, with mental health conditions (anxiety, depression and PTSD), MTBI/Concussion and a wide variety of soft tissue and orthopedic issues as well as geriatrics. She is very passionate and caring towards her clients and focuses on client-centered goals and improving quality of life while using evidence-based practice. She has worked with WorkSafe BC, ICBC and private insurance companies. Christie’s primary interest is chronic pain, brain injury, hospital discharge planning, homecare assessment as well as helping the geriatric population. She provides Home Health, Mental Health and Return to Work services for clients living in Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey and the North Shore.
When not working, Christie enjoys spending time with her dog, hiking, camping, swimming, skiing and enjoying local eateries.
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP) certified
- Concussion Management Workshop (Level 1) with Shannon McGuire
- Cambridge Brain Sciences (CBS) & Comprehensive Cognitive Assessment
- Evidence Informed Management of Headaches and Concussions
- Participatory Principles in Ergonomics, Health and Wellness
- Best Practice Pain Management; Pain BC
- Person in pain; A lived experience perspective
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Level 1) with CAOT
Please visit our contact page to schedule a consultation or appointment.Get in touch